24 July 2008

Yo-Yo Girl

Relationships...
I know there is no how to manual for many things in life but last year in desperation, I searched the net to seek out some advice for a situation I was going through with a male because I was just tired of talking to people about it. I came across the blog Baggage Reclaim, and I swear this woman is an expert. Like there where so many articles that were dead on, I couldn't believe it!

Today is no exception and this one REALLY hits home for one of my situations...

Yo-Yo girl:

The Yo-Yo Girl, that woman that keeps returning to the scene of the crime and seems to have a trail of unfinished business in her life, or ‘boomerang relationships’. You’ll know you’re her if:
• Either of the scenario’s above seem familiar.
• You claim you’ve ended it with various partners, but you have hook-ups and there have been several attempts at rekindling things, that clearly aren’t working out.
• There seems to be no end to your relationships – they end ambiguously and when he returns, whilst you may have high hopes, he continues to be ambiguous.
• You’ve often gone from being in a relationship with a guy, to being broken up, to being his booty call…even if you rationalise it as something better…
• You claim to be over your ex’s but secretly hold out hope that at least one of them will come blazing back in on his white horse and declare his undying love and realise how wonderful you are. (cough, cough!)
• Despite finding yourself in these scenario’s, you fear confronting him and asking for clarification and instead rely on your imagination…
Today's post: Why You'll Always Be A Yo-Yo Girl If You Don't Maintain The No Contact Rule
Could not come at a better time. I'm at a crossroads...You want something so bad so you stay even when it sometimes makes me feel like shit! You want more for yourself, and I truly believe that I deserve more, I deserve the best, but I can't find the strength to walk away from something that has been so familiar for 4 years. I find myself doubting the abilities of other males who try to grow close cuz I'm stuck on everyone having ulterior motives AND some do... but not everyone. I don't know, I'm depressed now thinking about it.
Sometimes I wish someone would grab me and shake me out of it!

0 comments: