09 June 2008

Inspirational Message

I remember when I first saw this a year ago, I cried for hours. Then once I found it on You Tube I couldn't stop watching it! The message is sooo clear and who else would be so ever wonderful and gracious to deliver it but Jill Scott herself.

I could relate so much because there was a time in my life where I did things to please "boys", but I would be left with hurt, guilt, and shame. I wanted the attention that they gave me even though it wasn't the attention that I fully wanted from them but I accepted what ever form that it came in. It wasn't until I got tired and started realizing as she said that "I was holding me back from the me that I would become" and also that I had to make it about myself to and do what I wanted that would make me happy.

Enjoy!

0 comments: