04 June 2008

OBAMA 4 PRESIDENT!

Who would have ever dreamed that as an African American, I would live to see the making of the first African American president of the United States of America! This is such an amazing time. Last nights victory of clinching the nomination was truly a wonderful experience. I anticipated that it would be settled today, but last night as those votes rolled in I broke down. The ancestors of all African Americans fought so hard for things like this to happen. It truly makes you appreciate your history, your people, and all the great leaders of the past who fought so hard for things like this to come true. I personally thought of my great grandmother who was my heart. A great and wise woman who was born before civil rights leaders such as Martin Luther King Jr. As a child, I would listen to many of the great memories that she shared with me about her upbringings and experiences that she faced growing up a black woman during segregation. She wanted me to be the best at the path of life I chose. I know that she would be so proud to see the achievements of a man like Obama. Its rewarding to know that I will see this unfold and to know that younger generations like my five year old cousin may live to see many more prominent black government positions flourish from this moment.
GO OBAMA 08!

0 comments: