06 June 2008

Where We Stand

I forgot the source of this quote, but I read, heard, or seen it somewhere a while ago.

"Sometime you never know how relevant you are in someones life."
It struck me to think of the many people who are in my life.
Why are they there?
What role do I play in their lives?

I can say that I only surround myself with people in which I share a close connection with. My circle is very small. I was never the type to want to be popular or to have all these people around me. I personally believe that it starts too much drama, fakers and confusion. The relationships that I have with the people I have around me are important.

I often wonder with some people the role I play in their lives...
Some people who I consider close to me are not all that forthcoming about the importance or lack thereof that I may have in their lives. In particular, I have known someone for many years and that person sometimes I feel devalues the friendship that I thought we had by doing things that someone as a friend should not do. This has been a continuous battle over many years, that I have finally grown tired of. Things like this make you wonder if you are relevant in this persons life, and even the fact if they should be relevant in yours.

0 comments: